Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Swimdancing a Revolutionary Exercise Idea




Swimdancing


Instead of boring water walking and repetitive exercises I have invented a fun, motivating routine of swimdancing! I start woth a swimsuit and a t-shirt (to keep my shoulders warm) and add water shoes (I get several pairs in the Spring), then I clip my H2O Man waterproof MP3 player (I bought it online) on my suit and put the earplugs in and turn it on! (I have loaded fun, dancy 80s and 90s rock and roll and sci fi convention dance favorites onto it.) And the music just makes me want to dance! I used to do my physical therapy exercises and just walk in the walking lane at my athletic club and now I dance through the water. It takes practice to figure out what movements you can and can't do with the water resistance and the reduced gravity but my muscle tone has improved, my mood has improved and now daily exercise is FUN! I have fibromyalgia and I really believe that the swimdancing reduces my frequency and duration of flareups of severe fatigue and pain. Try it!

No comments: